Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Went for a haircut this evening at a place highly recommended by a friend. Before the haircut my hair was rather shapeless thanks to a stylist who doesn't know how to shape it but still rather thick. I thought why not give it a try at this new place that my friend frequents. Furthermore her hairstyles weren't bad. Hence I gave it a shot.

Walked in to the saloon. Got my hair washed and waited for the boss/stylist/frontman. She walked over after attending to her customers and passed a lot of comments on my hair. Then she suggested that I layered it more and change the fringe. I thought well ok. Why not try a new look. She picked up her scissors, pick up my hair and started slicing. Chunks after chunks of my hair landed on the floor. Again and again her scissors went through my hair. I looked down and saw my hair all over the floor. I didn't knew I had so much hair to be sliced. Not long after, she summoned her assistant to blow dry my hair. Then after a while, she came and took over the blowing herself. Telling her assistant how she didn't blow it correctly. Tugging at my hair to illustrate. Then she removed the plastic apron from my body and tell me she's done. Walked over to the counter and paid then leave.

Upon reaching home, after changing into house clothes I picked up a comb to comb my hair. To my horror there's nothing to be combed. Look at my reflection in the mirror and thought "Oh blimey, what has she done to my hair!" Nevermind. Just have to live with it till my hair grows. Which is another 6 months time.

It didn't hit me that hard until a moment ago when I was about to get a shower. Picked up my hair to it into a pony tail only to discover that there isn't much left to be tied up. No more pony tail. Only strips of roots of weeds. Man, I look like a cancer stricken patient who's undergoing chemotherapy. What am I to do now?

How do these people actually qualify as stylist? Don't they have the basic knowledge of matching and creating a hairstlye according to a person's face? It's as though they become stupid when they see me and lose all their styling sense and make a mess out of my hair. On top of that I paid quite a sum for my hair to be messed up. Time and time again. Sigh.

No comments: