Thursday, February 08, 2007

A smile that lightens up the day

I was about to have lunch today, 8 February 2007, when I saw a car parked in front of my gate. Instead of carrying on with our meal, we set it aside to welcome them. Haven't seen them in months. My mother went out and came back in with a 'basket' in her hands. In the 'basket' was a baby girl. The first time I saw her she was only a few days old. Small and fragile wrapped in a white 'blanket'. The last time I met her she was a month old, eyes shut, taking a nap in the front seat of the car. That was six months ago. This time around she is a chubby baby girl, eyes wide open. My mum placed the carrier that she was in on the sofa. The moment I walked up to her, she smiled so sweetly at me. Now I know that I am actually pleasant in the eyes of someone. Everyone took turns carrying her. Finally she was placed in my arms. She didn't fidget neither did she cry but she sat still. She even burped in my arms. Thank you for lighting up my day little angel.

No comments: