Saturday, October 16, 2010

Jaws

During my schooling days, my teeth were the envy of all my friends as they were perfectly straight. I never had braces and yet my teeth were in perfect semicircles. I could bite into jelly like a mold without leaving any uneven marks on the jelly. For those who do not know me thought that the straightness was because of braces. But it is all natural. Gift from God.


Things stated changing as I left high school and subsequently furthered my studies. My wisdom tooth started growing. The wisdom tooth on one side grew and started to push my teeth out of alignment. They are a bit crooked but still looks quite straight from far. The depressing thing now is the other wisdom tooth began to emerge lately. I am rather worried now as this tooth might push my teeth totally out of alignment and I might require braces to rectify the problem. My jaws are not big enough to accommodate all the teeth.


The headache now is to find a dentist with caliber to restore my crowning glory to it's glory days without breaking my jaw. The last time I had my tooth removed, the dentist almost dislocate my jaw. He tried removing my tooth before my gums became totally numb from the injection. After my tooth was removed, my gums couldn't stop bleeding. It was like a river of blood and I have to have my face in the sink every few minutes as my mouth became a reservoir of blood. Subsequently I had to go back to him to stop the bleeding. The dentist placed a pill into the wound and that hurt like hell. I have been traumatized since that incident. In a dilemma now. Sigh. Life.

No comments: