Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Fall

Only a few days into the new year, I receive another "present". Just now we went out for dinner. Wanted to try a new restaurant so we went all the way only to find it closed. Perhaps it has never opened? So all that happened within 5 minutes. So I went to get the ticket validated by the parking ticket machine. Since we drove past the middle section of the facility, I had to walk all the way back to the middle section from the far end. Since everything took place in less than 15 minutes, the parking shouldn't have cost a dime. But lo and behold the parking cost a dollar. And we didn't even park the car. We literally just drove through from the entrance point to the exit point all under 5 minutes.  And the stupid drive through costs a dollar. Way to go. Nevermind. Second part of the story. So we drove to another destination for dinner. We found a parking spot by the roadside and got off. Le dad happen to be a very impatient person. He quickly got out from the car and started walking towards the eatery. He happens to be a wobbly, unstable, fragile person. So I rushed to aid him. The eatery has really bad walkways. Dark Roads full of pot holes and uneven pavements. So we reached the "stairs" made of metal sheet plates. The over enthusiastic old man started climbing them. The steps were kind of soft and the stairs didn't have any hand rail for support. As he was ascending the unstable stairs, he suddenly fall backwards. All the time I was holding his arm. When he suddenly fall backwards. I grab hard onto his arm to prevent the fall. But he was too heavy for me to hold back. So both of us fell. He landed on his back lying flat like an overturned turtle while I landed beside him on all four. We cause such a scene. A very kind lady rushed to our aid. While mum who was dily dallying in the car rushed out without locking the car. We managed to lift him from the ground and up the unstable stairs. Whilst he didn't suffer any major injuries (no bleeding whatsoever), I on the other hand was bleeding on both knees and my palm was scrapped too. Even my new shoe was torn from the abrasion with the uneven tar pavement. Literally took the fall for him. He fell while I bleed. I still can't wrap my head around the whole fall. I don't know how I ended up bleeding while he got away without a scratch. Now my whole back is aching. My wounds are aching too. Seriously fml. 😭😭😭🍃🍃🍃🍃 The only conclusion that I can come too is that I cushioned his fall by preventing him from direct fall while I fell by being dragged by someone more than twice my weight. 
 The stupid spot that the accident took place.  

Taken at the spot directly after the fall.

 My torn shoe.

 Taken after we got home. Gross stuff coming out from bleeding area.

 

No comments: