Friday, April 17, 2009

Forbidden

There are so many things that I have in mind. So much that I wish to pour out. So much that I want to write about but can't. This is not because I have a shortage of words. Nor is it due to insufficient vocabulary or writer's block. It is the fear of being penalised for putting thoughts and opinions into word. Fear of being sued. Fear of being thrown into jail. Also due to the pressure of those around me.



Of late, many bloggers have gotten themselves into hot water. All because they put their opinion and thoughts into their blogs. They spoke out for what they believed and ended up in trouble. Although at times they do go overboard, but at the end of the day, it is their blogs and they should have the right to write whatever they like in it. I do not want to be like them. Do not want to be in trouble. Do not want to be thrown into jail because of some words. Do not want to be sued. Sometimes, our thoughts are best kept to ourselves. There is no need to share them with the people around us. You will never know who will betray you. There are many agent provocateurs around waiting to get others into trouble for they own enjoyment. Those who intentionally misinterpret and distort the actual meaning.



I am not trying to stand up for anything nor trying to push my luck. I have no intention of getting myself into trouble of any sort. It is just that blogging is no longer an outlet for thoughts that could not be spoken in life. It is no longer a place for our "alter egos" to appear. Even writing this post, I fear for myself. I do not know who would take offense in this entry's contents. Many a time I have written posts only to delete them later and banish them from being published for I fear the probable consequences that might happen. Freedom of speech no longer exists.



Laughs. What do I have to worry? This blog is all personal stuff. No politics whatsoever. If you don't like what you see, just tune off.

No comments: