Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Over

Life is full of surprises. Some are pleasant, some are not. Be it pleasant or otherwise, life has to go on. Some decisions that we make in life are relatively simple whilst other decisions are the opposite.


Decisions are inevitable in life. Whether or not we would like the outcome, a decision still has to be made. I am glad I made a decision that makes me happier with life. That decision had ended the most horrible experience that I had to endure. It showed the bad, ugly and hideous side of human nature. The true meaning of how far and low creations of God would go to attain momentary contentment. It revealed the true side of how twisted facts could be used to manipulate situations and to disencumber the object of aversion. It totally embodied the spirit of co-operation. A true eye-opener to mankind. The most miserable part of that episode is over and I am happy with my choice. I am glad that I had the wisdom to make that decision.


If all things are that simple, then it wouldn't be life. Life is full of ups and downs. When you think you have put and end to one thing, another pops up. There was another situation that I was faced with. One that I did not want to compromise. One that I had fought an extremely tiring and long battle with. It is not that I have given up but the situation does not permit me to carry on. It was a really painful and disheartening choice. One that I did not want to choose. The reason I made that decision is not because I have accepted defeat but because the battle was going nowhere. I didn't made that decision till the very last minute. I didn't give up. I am disappointed that I have to make that decision but at some point, it just has to be put to an end because of the circumstances.


Someone asked me this : "So you are giving up?". My answer is "No, I am not giving up on what I believe in". But deep down inside I am asking "Am I?". I am beginning to doubt myself too. Well, I suppose sometimes we would have to take the road less traveled. Some decisions although we try to evade, will have to be made for life has to go on. It is a Hobson's choice where there is no other option. That's the sucky part of life.


I suppose the saying "You can't get everything in life" is true. I never believed in that saying until I made this painful decision. At this point maybe I can't have everything I want but I will ensure that I get everything I want in life in future. It might be over for this round, but for the subsequent rounds, I am not giving in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have made the right decision to leave. all the best!

Darcey said...

I know I have made the right choice for I have no qualms in leaving. Thank you for your well wishes. Karma beholds.