Sunday, September 26, 2010

What Did You Call Me?!!!

When I came out from the bathroom this afternoon, I heard a beep from my phone. Upon checking my phone, I noted that I have a missed call. However, the call was from an unknown number. I thought to myself, "Well, if it's urgent the person will call back". Hence, I continued doing my stuff, that is getting dressed. A few minutes later, my phone rang again. This time my hands were covered in soap and it seem difficult in washing it off. Then the ringing stopped. I dried my hands and walked back into my room. Before I could have a look at my phone, it rang again. This time I managed to answer the call.


Me: Hello.

Unidentified caller: Mummy....

Me: (Thinking to myself, when did I become a mum?) Who are you looking for?

Unidentified caller: Oh, sorry. (in slow motion) [as though I was pulling his leg]

Caller hangs up.


Excuse me!! When did I get promoted to Mum status? What's wrong with this person? He doesn't even know his own mother's handphone number. It is fine that you can't remember you friends' number, but your family members' number?...Especially your parents!! Sheesh! Can't even tell the difference in my voice. Rather give birth to roasted pork than you (literally translated from the cantonese proverb 'Sanng kao char siew hou kor sanng lei').

No comments: