Friday, April 20, 2012

Sick

Had been working like a mule for the past couple of months and was forbidden to take day off by the prejudiced wicked witch. Finally, my body couldn't take all the torture anymore. I was not feeling well for the past few days but persisted and went to work as usual. I was feeling so sick yesterday that I wanted to puke on several occasions but held it in. When we went for lunch, I can hardly swallow but forced the food in anyway. And to have such considerate "lunch people". Went for Japanese food (which is the last thing a nauseous person needs).

Today, my body showed me how badly it has been abused. I felt nauseous  the moment my eyes opened. My head hurts from the fever from the previous day. Hence I called in sick for work. I text the witch informing her that I feeling under the wind and am heading to the doctor's.  The witch replied "Do you have MC? Inform me when you have MC". The wait at the clinic felt like an eternity. I was nauseous throughout the wait. At several occasions I almost puked on the floor.  When the consultation was over, I text the witch to inform her that I am ON MC for the day. I hardly ate for the past few weeks and have lost so much weight. Wonder why I'm still allowing the abuse to persist? Is it even worthwhile?


A moment ago, I saw a post by a friend that reads "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them ~ Dalai Lama"

And I would like to add "Karma"

A couple of days ago, a colleague told me something that I found rather amusing. She said there is something between her and her god, the moment she does something bad, it's instant karma. She added, just the night before, her sister said something and she gave her sister a sarcastic remark. The minute she finished uttering that, she bit herself. She says that's instant karma. Jokingly I asked her which god does she pray to? Perhaps we could introduce that to our foe. We had such a great laugh.

No comments: