Saturday, August 25, 2012

Friday Night Fright

Last night was one of the most frightening event that I have encountered. Several days ago, the water heater decided to go on long service leave. But before it does so, it decided to have a memorable farewell by spewing piping hot water on one of the user ( not me). The user was startled by the steaming hot water that splashed on her when she turned on the shower. Fearing that we might be electrocuted and be sent to our maker, we have to stop using the heater in the upstairs bathroom and switch to the spare heater downstairs. The spare heater downstairs is rarely used. In fact it has hardly been used since the bathroom renovation many years back.


Anyway everything was fine for the past few days( yes the electrical shop could not dispatch someone to install the new water heater). Until that fateful Friday night ( aka last night). The first half of the shower was well. Then I washed my hair. It was fine until I was almost done rinsing my hair. I was bent with my head near the drainage hole when I spotted something at the corner of my eye. I immediately straighten up an took a better look at it. All hell broke loose.


There it was wobbling on the door pane near the drainage hole.My reflex action was: scream. I was caught in a small vicinity with a " drunk invader cockroach" butt naked and wet. I shrieked and scream until mum came to my aid. She told me to open the door. I dare not as it was right there by the door. The shower in my hand accidentally sprinkled the stupid cockroach when I scream in panic. It then hit me that the cockroach might fly at me if startled.


I dared not turn off the shower as it was my only weapon. I quickly reached for the door to unlock it to let my saviour in to my rescue. At the same time I reached for my towel. When I got hold of my towel and was about to wrap it round me I was frightened by a brownish patch ( resembling the cockroach) on the towel. I freaked out, screamed and threw the towel away and it landed near the cockroach. It slipped my mind that it's my hair clips that I clipped on the side of the towel as there was no where to place them when I washed my hair. With nothing to cover myself and stuck in the toilet with the stupid cockroach all I could do was scream and shriek in fear.


When my mum walked in and saw me with the shower in my hands and screaming she asked where it is. I pointed it out to her but she didn't see it and told me to step out of the toilet. I pointed at the direction of my towel ( which is on the floor now). She then ran upstairs to get me another towel, leaving me behind with the cockroach. Another few minutes of fear and anguish.


When she emerged with the towel, the moronic roach sauntered slowly out of the toilet. It walked slowly beside my mum's foot towards the store. I quickly wraped the towel around me and ran upstairs. Mum then sprayed the area with insecticide. Moments later she discovered 7-8 roaches emerging from their Friday night fiesta out of nowhere. That moronic roach must have been drunk and wandered into the toilet to puke.


This morning my mum discovered another batch of dead " hangover" cockroaches near that area. The past few days of heavy rain must have lead those idiots to seek shelter in human houses. Why of all places do they have to choose mine and disrupt the tranquility of my abode? Pests. Blergh. Screw you insects.




Second batch (taken with fear)

No comments: