Friday, October 09, 2015

Driving License

I have never renewed my driving license personally. The normal procedure is to go to the post office to have it renewed. It is usually a laminated piece of paper without a photo on it. Anyway, don't know why, somehow I have no luck with decent looking photo for my ID. They have the worst photography skill at these places. Somehow they always make everyone look like goblins and ogres. My IC has a photo of me in really bad haircut and it is permanent. I really hate hairdressers. It's like they have a mission to make me ugly. The only decent looking ID photo that I have is my original driving license which was taken at a studio or an instant photo thing I can't remember. Only that photo doesn't resemble a illegal immigrant mugshot.


Anyway, there is a new protocol/rule/system (whichever is correct) that requires a photo to be included in the driving license and that it is no longer paper but plastic. I was told that they would take the photo of the driving license and incorporate it on the new plastic driving license. Alright. Don't have to take photo on the spot and don't have to go to photo studio for head-shot either (again if that is the right term. Probably should be passport photo).


So, I went to the post office to get my license renewed. There were about 10 people there. I got my number and it shows that I'm two person away from my turn. It should have been a really fast process. However, I waited close to an hour for my turn. Somehow, they were working at sloth pace and only two counters were operating. After waiting like forever, it came my turn. I walked over and told the person in charge that I would like to renew my driving license and handed him my expired driving license. He then asked for my ic. I thought it is for cross reference to prove that I am indeed that owner of the license. So I handed him my IC.


I was told to renew the license for three years so that I don't have to keep going back to the post office. Hence I told the guy at the counter to renew it for a three year term. Paid the fee and waited for my new license. Somehow that turn out to be the worst decision. Never listen to old people. I repeat NEVER!


 I don't know what possessed that counter guy, he chose my IC photo over my Driving license photo. Seriously, what's your deal dude? I only found out what he had done when he handed my license to me. Seriously jinxed. Now I'm stuck with the ugly photo license for three years. Damn it. Three fucking years. Not that I can go back and have it redone. Seriously annoyed. I can't exactly cut it up and go back and renew my driving license again. That means I will have to pay again.

No comments: