Sunday, June 05, 2016

Inexplainable

Last night, (ok maybe should be this morning), during the wee hours, I got up to answer nature's call. I turned on the lights, something caught my eye. In front of me about half a meter away, I saw something. I peered closer to see what that thing was. It was a strand of hair floating vertically in midair. IT seems to be swaying from left to right. In an air conditioned room. Well nothing to be startled about. It was just one strand of hair. But why just one strand? If hair can float in midair, then shouldn't all the fallen hair on the floor be floating as well?


I was a little taken aback. It was the wee hours, so it's natural to feel a bit eerie. The thing is I wasn't thinking of anything. A strand of floating hair isn't exactly something that is easily visible to the naked eye anyway. Fortunately it was just one strand. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to relate this. I was told that, in the event that we come across supernatural events, it is best to pretend not to notice, act normal and proceed with what we are doing. Hence, I turned off the lights and went back to sleep.


A part of me is dying to lunge forward and grab that floating strand of hair so that I can have a peace of mind. On the other hand, it is best to not care, especially during the wee hours. I do not want any drama.


So today, somewhere in the evening, I recalled that floating strand of hair and told someone about it. I looked at the same spot to see whether it's still there. True enough it is. Still floating in midair. I reached for it and pull it into my hands. There doesn't seem to be cobwebs. So I am still baffled at how that particular strand of hair is floating in midair. I was asked, whose hair is that? I do not have the answer to that. I do hope that it is actually a strand of hair attached to some dangling cobwebs that is not visible to the naked eye. I do not want to be entwined in any supernatural nonsense. Amen.

No comments: