Thursday, June 22, 2006

Briget Jones 2

This one has a long title which I don't remember. It's kinda old too. Anyway watched it just now. Part of it. Personally I feel that both the Bridget Jones movie (1 & 2) is executed in a rather British manner. No, I'm not talking about the setting. I know both are shot in England. What I meant was that the flow of the show. Draggy. Probably cause I prefer the American style of execution. The British style is rather boring. More talk than action. And their jokes are rather lame.

Anyway back to the story. I wonder how Rene (if that's how her name is spelt) felt when she looked at her own reflection in the mirror. To me, she looked like Shrek. Minus the colour. Round. Big bellied. Round. Minus the horns. Round. Wee bit too much lard. No offence to plump people.

Don't know what's their obsession with her knickers (British term for panties). Is a plus sized pair of knickers desirable to look at? Hmm.... For both the Briget Jones movies they had to have the camera on the rear. With Daniel (Hugh Grant) talking about her giant panties.

The movie also made Thai women sound so shallow. Like they've never seen a bra before in their life. Well maybe what the movie intended to show was people in jail are deprived of bras. Hmm... Lessons to be learnt from this movie (1) never help anyone carry things which you don't know where it's from or what it contains, (2) never trust a guy who's only interested in your underwear, (3) don't bother giving a guy who says "Doesn't everyone deserve a second chance" a second chance.

No comments: