Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sore Throat

My throat has been very sore for over a week now. There is a gigantic ulcer on my throat. The entire area is inflamed. It hurts so badly whenever I swallow food. It even hurts when drinking. I tried taking several types of drinks to soothe the pain. I drank lime juice, pitted lime juice, coconut, herbal tea, and chrysanthemum tea.


When all that didn't work, I resorted to consuming fruits. Yesterday, I bought jambu with sour plum salt from a fruit seller which cost $2 a packet. I felt really cheated for the packets consisted of bits and pieces of the fruits that were cut into various shapes and sizes. It seems that the seller has cut off the spoilt parts of the fruits and sell the unspoilt parts.


I took a bite of the sliced fruit laced with sour plum salt and my throat felt like it has been torched. It hurt so badly. Apparently the salt squirted onto the throat ulcer thus causing the sting. The pain was sensational. Even after consuming the fruits, my throat does not feel better.

No comments: