Sunday, November 14, 2010

Near Heart Attack

The internet has been a real important part of my life. I have become so dependent towards it that a moment without it makes me feel uneasy. I had a near heart attack yesterday. I was surfing the internet and all of a sudden I got cut off without prior notice. And attempts to reconnect was futile. I tried restarting my computer...-negative, turning it off and on again...-negative. The wireless function went dead and there was simply no connection. It kept appearing that there is no connection and the cable was required for a connection. Regardless of what I did there was no connection. Then I tried plugging in the cable to make a connection. Nothing happened. No connection could be made. And the worse part was the other computer too lost connection to the internet as the result of my plugging in the cable to lappie. That got me really worried as I have caused a catastrophe. No computer technician is available over the weekend. Which means no internet over the weekend. T.T


I thought my lappie is "sick" because the wireless button is not lit. Pressing the wireless button does not make it light up either. This could not be happening. Lappie is hardly a year old. Only a few months old. It is not possible that it is dying. So for the whole of today, I was deprived of the internet because I thought I have screwed up the internet connection. Then a while ago I turned on my computer to transfer some files. To my surprise, there is internet connection. How did that happened? Does this mean that the problem does not lie with my computer but the ISP itself? Screw the ISP.

No comments: