Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Food Poisoning

I am down with food poisoning. It's been really horrible. I vommitted and purged. The purging was really beyond my control. Purged shit water (don't know what it's called).The vommitting was worse. Prior to the vommit, it was hell. I couldn't sit, nor lie down. Standing up was worse as I was dizzy. The worse part was that both the vommit and purging wanted to race to see who emerge first. Didn't know wheter to sit and poop or to stand to vomit. This took place throughout the wee hours.


After don't know how many rounds of purging and vommiting, I couldn't handle it anymore. I went to the clinic. I waited in line for almost an hour in the clinic before it was my turn to see the doctor. After relaying my symptoms to the doctor, I was told to lie down for further examination. He then pressed hard on two parts of my stomach and asked whether they hurt. When he pressed hard on my "abdomen" (again I'm unsure what it's called), I almost vommitted. He then checked my temperature and recorded that I do have fever. The doctor says that it's normal to have fever when we have food poisoning as it is our's body's way of killing the germs.


After the consultaion, I had to wait another god knows how many minutes before it was my turn to collect my medication from the dispensary. My fever rose and I felt really sick. Throughout the day I was down with fever. I didn't have a proper meal as I could hardly eat. Just kept getting up for medication then back to sleep.

No comments: