Sunday, February 24, 2013

Trolled on Chap Goh Meh

Today marks the end of the Chinese New Year. Fondly known as Chap Goh Meh (Hockien meaning 15th Night), singles will throw/pelt mandarin oranges with their names on it into the sea (or whatever place with water) in hopes of finding a match. This is where I should elaborate on how all this came about but I'm too lazy to research on it. Besides, I have another story to tell. I came across on Facebook today this saying (which I didn't know exists): Tim Kam Choi Ho Ang (Which means Throwing Mandarin oranges will ensure a good husband in hockien).


Anyway, a little while ago, my dad said something bewildering to me. Out of a sudden he turned to me and said:

Dad: You should go and meet more people. Get Married and start your own family.

Me: (Looked at him - poker face)


I said poker face because I didn't know what or how to rebut him. Of all things to be trolled by my dad on Chap Goh Meh...... Seriously? Do you really want me to get married so badly dad?

No comments: