Friday, July 26, 2013

Rambling: Anniversary

Haven't been very chirpy lately. Sometimes, it's best to not know about things. Anyway, have been seeing a lot of anniversary milestones. One in particular, really caught my attention. 40 th anniversary. Well, that's a long time. To be married to someone for such a long time, is indeed an achievement in today's society. A thought then cross my mind. I've been receiving a lot of commentary on my marital status of recent years. I'd never thought that this day will hit me. But it did. Oh well. I could say that, my family is rather conservative. It's the strictly no relationship while studying kind of family. Anyway, Asians will always be Asians. They expect things to go according to the way they want. While studying, you're expected to be a monk. After that, you're supposed to be a Return on investment. You're supposed to have proposals upon graduation. People and their never ending comparisons. My child has a better partner than yours. Still no suitor? Etc. Aunty, your children are not even the same age as me. For those that are, so what? Good for you that your children are married or going to be married.  Anyway, the thought that hit me is, will I be able to achieve something like a 40 th anniversary. Given that I'm not even married yet at this point. Would I live that long to be able to celebrate a 40 th anniversary or more with my spouse.

No comments: