Friday, August 02, 2013

Bungalow

I was down with cold. What  started as sneezing in the morning, ended becoming sneezing and coughing in the evening, as a result of mucus getting to the throat. After a long bout of sneezing continuously, I took a cold medicine to stop it. It didn't work immediately though. Taking cold medicine always has side effects for me. Which is, I always end up with breathing difficulty after taking cold medicine. Because I couldn't lie flat, I propped my pillows up to form a hill so that it will be easier for me to breathe. Didn't immediately drift into sleep as the drowsiness has yet to kick in. Therefore, I was tossing and turning to find a suitable position to rest. After a while, which is more like a few hundred rounds of tossing and turning, i finally fell asleep. I was drifting in and out of sleep. But was still having difficulty breathing. I can never sleep comfortably when I'm down with cold. Throughout the night I was moving about trying to get the ultimate sleeping position. Sometime later, while I was tossing and turning, I propped up then lie back onto the pillow. Just then,instead of landing on the pillow, my head hit the side table really hard. There was a cash register sound and my head hurts so badly. Subconsciously I was wondering whether it bleed as I heard "ka Ching" when my head landed on the side table. I tried to rub on the spot to relief the pain but my hands were weak as a result of taking the cold medicine. When I woke up a little while ago, I touched my head and that sore area really hurts. Sigh. That is how I got a "bungalow" on the left side of my head. (*bungalow- a term the Chinese use to describe a bump on the head as a result of being hit).

No comments: