Thursday, June 11, 2015

I Hate Cockroaches

 Incident 1. Two days ago I had a frightening encounter in the early morning. I walked to the kitchen to boil some water. Upon opening the kitchen door, I saw my greatest fear lurking near the dustbin. I quickly shut the door. I panicked as everything is in the kitchen, the thermos flasks, the kettle, the mugs, the stove, the microwave, the foodstuff, the fridge. I was home alone, (gulps, panic even more, no one to come to my rescue even if I scream the roof down) so I called for help but "help" told me to settle it myself. I was told to spray the stupid creature with insecticide until it turns belly up and die. Do you think I dare to go near that pest? The sight of it is enough to give me a cardiac arrest. In my panic state, I wondered who will be able to come to my assistance. As shameful as it was, I seek help from my neighbour. Fortunately my neighbour was awake at that time (it was rather early in the morning). My saviour came over but that pest had run into hiding. I panicked even more and was frantically spraying insecticide everywhere, as though it's free. It was very fortunate that my neighbour didn't just walk away when the stupid cockroach was no where in sight. My neighbour was kind enough to look all over for that damn thing and managed to find it and killed it. Thank you for coming to my aid.   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                                                 Incident 2. This took place in the shower today. I was taking a shower and I reached over to the shampoo rack to grab the shampoo. I squeezed the shampoo onto my palm and was about to return the bottle to the rack. It was then, I saw my biggest fear. Behind all the shampoo bottles,stood a ginormous cockroach on the wall , staring back at me. I shrieked and grabbed my towel and ran out of the bathroom. With shampoo in the palm of my left hand and my right clinging on to the towel that I was barely able to wrap around myself, I ran for my life. Mum came to my rescue. She went into the bathroom with the "ka Chang" (extermination equipment). She called out from the bathroom saying she don't see the cockroach. It was standing right in front of her but she didn't see it. Apparently, the huge ass cockroach went into hiding behind the shampoo bottles when it realised it had been spotted. When she finally saw it, she sprayed it with insecticide until it fell on the bathroom floor . but she forgot to bring the swatter and asked me to bring it to her. I wonder what makes her think that I dare to walk back into the terror zone and face the still alive but lost balance pest? She reiterate that I better hurry before the cockroach flips itself over and run amok. Amidst my fear, I walked near the bathroom and sort of handed her the swatter and she killed the cockroach. After reassurance that there weren't anymore cockroaches in there, I went back in and continued where I left of. I washed my hair hurriedly and rush out of the bathroom. there's still shampoo on my head and on my neck. I cleaned of the remainder with a wet towel. Fml. Can't even shower in peace. It was fortunate that it didn't fly towards me. Otherwise I would have fall in the bathroom due to the wet and slippery condition I was in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can totally relate with your experiences, Darcey. Those cockroaches are really cringe-worthy creatures, that even though they don't harm you, they still give you a frightening feeling whenever you see them around. Good thing you always have someone to save the day for you. Haha! I hope you won't encounter much of them anymore. Just always keep your place clean. Take care!


Alta Peng @ Liberty Pest Inc.