Monday, June 01, 2015

I Hate Insects

It has been awhile since I last hit high notes. Today, I found that I haven't totally lost that ability and that I am still able to be a dolphin. Ok. Perhaps that was a little exaggeration in regards to sounding like a dolphin. But I am still able to produce loud, high pitch screams ( I am an alto according to my school choir teachers). They never let me sing the main melody and always make me sway in the background like props. The first event took place when I went into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee for X. I pick up a cup and was enroute to the basin to rinse it( it is clean but I'm just a creature of habit). At the corner of my eye, I saw something running in the same direction as I was, towards the basin. Out of reflex I let out a loud scream. The stupid large cockroach frightened me. I have an immense phobia towards cockroaches. I ran out of the kitchen as fast as I could. I guess I must have scream a little too hard, my throat was a little sore. End of first incident. Second incident. About an hour or less later, I was in the living room. I spotted something blackish on the blind "wand" ( don't know what it's called. The thing that controls the opening and closing of the blinds). I stared at it for a while and realised it is a big ass insect. Seriously fml. Two in a row. Why is this happening to me. I ran away. I grabbed a can of insecticide and toughen up. Snucked towards the blinds, near enough for the bug spray to coat the creature, but far enough for comfort. I sprayed like there's no tomorrow at the stupid ginormous grasshopper look alike creature. Suddenly, that dumb insect decided to retaliate and jump/ fly in my direction. I screamed out of fear that it might land on me. And ran. My throat is really sore from the intense, unexpected vocal training. Screw you insects. Go turn yourselves into petroleum. 

No comments: