Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour 28 March 2009

I don't really see how by turning lights off for an hour can help reduce global warming. Seriously. One hour only? Oh yeah. For that one hour, the earth is suddenly going to to turn ice cold. Anyway, thoughts aside. I am not against this. Neither am I truly into it.



Anyway, no particular prior plans were made to observe the Earth Hour. I think I should have said that it was all purely a coincidence. Or perhaps mother earth did intended for that to happen. I was having dinner around 8p.m. when the lights had to go off. There wasn't much of a choice as "termites/winged ants" invaded the place. Out of the blue these winged ants started flying in and disrupted the meal. There was no particular way of getting rid of them. Using the "swatter" would mean that there would be additional ingredients in our food. Hence the best solution at that time was to turn off the lights. Ok "ants" you win.



Did I mention because of these dumb winged creatures, I had to cease eating? Well, I certainly didn't want to taste winged creatures. Yuck! That is simply gross. Well, since we didn't know when these irritating creatures would take off (or die since their lifespan is only a day long),we sat in the dark. Hence observing the Earth Hour. And that was how I observed Earth Hour.

No comments: