Sunday, September 13, 2009

Stupid TM

What's the point of having a telecommunications company which can't even provide telecommunication facilities to the public? I have been having issues with the internet for quite some time. It is a real pain in the rear trying to get connected to the internet. On normal days it takes about half an hour to get connected to the internet. On bad days, there is simply no connection to the internet. This matter has been ongoing for quite a while. For the whole of yesterday, I couldn't get connected to the internet at all. I have been trying to get connected from morning till past midnight but to no avail, I couldn't even get onto the web. The DSL light on the modem kept blinking while the PPP doesn't even light.


This afternoon, I gave the telecommunications company a ring to lodge a complain. The operator instructed that I try to connect the modem to the main line to see whether I could get connected to the internet. Hence I brought the modem downstairs to carry out the experiment on the modem. When I plugged the main telephone line to the modem, all the lights on the modem are lighted. Then I took the modem upstairs to reconnect with the parallel phone line. The DSL light kept blinking and the PPP light went into hiding again. For hours I tried to get connected, by disconnecting, reconnecting, switching off the switch, switching on the switch, unplug the phone line and splitter to make a direct connection, but everything fails to get me connected to the internet.


Being very frustrated and agitated, I called telecom again to make a "Fault report". I described the problem to the operator and was told by the operator that the problem lies with my phone line. Then I was told to contact the phone line department as it was the internet service provider department that I am talking to at that moment. Hence I dialed the hotline again. I couldn't get to any party of the telecommunication company so I redialed. Still to no avail. Redial. Nothing.Redial. Nothing. And the stupid voice recording kept saying " you have reached the limit of your telephone card". What the hell is it talking about? I wasn't using any phone card. Not only is the company dumb, the system in the company is also dumb. The company should just implode in itself to safe the public from all this trouble.

No comments: