Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween




I have never celebrated Halloween in my life. Never been trick-or-treating, never worn a Halloween costume, and never carved a pumpkin before.In fact I don't even eat pumpkin. The only pumpkin dish that I have tried is pumpkin soup. Well, the soup didn't taste as bad as I thought it would. Either it was cooked with the correct ingredients or very little pumpkin was added to the soup.


Anyway, of recent years, Halloween has been celebrated by many in this country for the fun of having the opportunity to dress up in silly, weird costumes without being labeled as cuckoo or being shipped to the asylum. In fact Japanese "celebrate" Halloween all year round. Those people that dress up in weird outfits parade the streets of Japan on a daily basis. However, they refer to that as cosplay and it has nothing to do with Halloween. Just wanted to point out that there are "special/unique" individuals that want to stand out from the crowd. Either that or the refuse to grow up and live in their fantasy world.


If I have to pick a character to portray for Halloween what would it most likely be? (Ponders....)Being a princess, fairy, devil, bunny, witch, mummy, vixen, vampire, zombie, kitten, clown, super heroes, etc would be too common. Even being an ogre (that is Shrek's kind) would be common. I was really tempted to buy the animal ears headbands when McD's was having that promotion but I didn't. I really can't decide. But I think being Paris Hilton would be quite fun. All I need is a blonde wig and just hi-jack someone's chihuahua. Muahaha. It's rather easy being a blonde.


Happy Halloween.

No comments: