Monday, October 12, 2009

Stephen Gately



Stephen Gately
17 March 1976 – 10 October 2009


I was awaken this morning by the message ringtone from my phone. Still being in sleep mode, I reached over to grab my phone and read the message. My groggy eyes read the words : Stephen Gately of Boyzone passed away.


I jolted out of my slumber after reading that message. It is truly shocking and depressing that one by one, the stars whom I know from my teens are leaving the world. I rummaged through my old CDs the other day out of boredom and was just listening to Boyzone's CD 2 nights ago when I couldn't get any sleep. Today, one of the singer in Boyzone is dead. It is truly sad although I was not a big fan of theirs (my sis was).


Stephen will be fondly remembered for his high pitching, squeaky voice.


In case you were wondering who Boyzone is, below is a picture of the famous 90s boyband from Ireland.




From left to right: Keith, Stephen, Ronan, Mikey and Shane.


Claps, I remember their names. Some time ago I tried to recall the names of members of the bands famous in the 90s. I had trouble remembering their names.For instance N'Sync (I only remember Justin Timberlake).



Photos taken from Google. Don't know why they appear so small.

No comments: