Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Chrysanthemum Tea

Last night, mum decided to make some chrysanthemum tea. She poured the chrysanthemum into a pot and added boiling water. I went into the kitchen to get something. I turned to talk to mum. Something caught my attention. There were a lot of tiny roach like bugs on the table. God knows I have phobia for bugs of any kind, especially cockroach. I told mum that there are a lot of roaches on the table. She didn't belief me. She came over to have a look. She was startled as well. She wipe the family away with a damp cloth. She mumbled, it must be from the chrysanthemum. Must pour the whole pot. She then went and took out the remainder of the dried chrysanthemum from the package. Lo and behold. The entire nation of tiny bugs was in there. I lifted the lid of the pot to have a look. There were larvae, pupa, bugs, an entire ecosystem or stages of metamorphosis in there. That really gross me out. Mum poured the entire pot of chrysanthemum tea into the sink. Guess I'll refrain from drinking dried chrysanthemum tea for a while.

No comments: