Thursday, March 20, 2014

Update On Lappy

Two days ago, Lappy became antisocial and wasn't able to connect to the internet. I thought Lappy has come to it's final days. It's always difficult when it comes the time to part with things that has been in your life for some time. Either that or I just have separation anxiety. What the heck. Lappy is relatively new. It has been with me for about 2-3 years I think. I handle it with care. It still has it's factory plastics on. When Lappy was unable to connect to the internet ( for unknown reasons) after trying everything I know about getting the computer to connect to the internet, I feared the worst. I feared that the wifi port was burnt. I fear that Lappy was dying. I can't let Lappy die. I have a lot of stuff in it. We have been through good and bad times together. There is just too much memories that we shared. So, I decided to bring Lappy to the "doctor". I described the problems that Lappy showed to the "doctor". The doctor then asked, " when was the last time Lappy was formatted?". I looked at the doctor and said, " never, since it was bought😂". The doctor replied, "well,possibly Lappy has to be reformatted". I went on describe the problems that I've encountered and don't know how, brought up could it possibly be virus attack? The doctor said it is possible that virus attack can cause connectivity problems as well as hardware issues, like unable to print, USB port not functioning. I told her that I didn't know virus attack could be a cause for internet connectivity. She suggested that they run a software check to see whether it can solve lappy's problem as well as reformat Lappy. So I agreed, and left Lappy in their care. The doctors were very attentive. A couple of hours after I dropped Lappy off, they called and say lappy's fine. It was all due to software problem. Thank god. I went and picked Lappy up today. It's fine and dandy but restored to factory settings, meaning to say most of the things are gone (Lappy has amnesia) including Microsoft office programs. Now the real problem arise. It would not be wise to repurchase the original Microsoft office program as the new computers selling in the market now are running on windows 8 or something newer. Whilst Lappy is running on windows 7. So if I were to repurchase the Microsoft office program, it could only be used by Lappy. And in the event Lappy decides to leave, I would have lost $200++ for purchasing something only compatible with windows 7. Bummer. If only the human mind can be restored to factory settings. Life would be great.

No comments: